Subject: Re: [Leica] Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 11:36:59 -0500
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:01:06 -0600

At 10:58 PM 2/21/99 -0500, you wrote:
> If everyone else volunteers their time and energy, I'm
>happy to pitch in and help.  If the staff is receiving a salary, then the
>photographer should, too.

Tina,

Good for you. This attitude is the only hope for people being able to make
a living with photography in the future. In essence, when they say "we
can't afford to pay for the photography," they are denigrating what we do
as less than worthy of compensation. That devalues our work and
photographers who agree to that only hurt our profession. So stick to your
guns and keep telling them if their work is worth the money so is yours,
and they can't afford not to pay for it.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"People are inexterminable - like flies & bed-bugs. There will always be
some that survive in cracks and crevices - that's us." -
     Robert Frost