Subject: Re: [Leica] aluminium pods and cold hands (was:Leica lenses & Group Professionals Responsibility?)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:58:30 -0600

At 06:57 AM 2/22/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Harrison McClary wrote:
>>...snip...
>> Keeping  warm on  a  cold day with a long lens is almost impossible for
>> me.  I  never learned to shoot with gloves.  The mono-pod is aluminum,
>> camera  metal...all  very  cold. My hands  get  very cold.

I have seen many people use different colored tapes (not a joke this time,
guys) to wrap around metal tripod legs. Seems to work very well to protect
hands from sticking, much more comfortable. I'm about to do it to my silver
Tiltall. Just have to find the right tape.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"People are inexterminable - like flies & bed-bugs. There will always be
some that survive in cracks and crevices - that's us." -
     Robert Frost