Subject: RE: [Leica] Opinions on the LUG
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 18:28:06 -0500

Buzz writes to Peter:

>You will find that there are a great many very nice people
>on this list.  I am not one of them.

I'm truly sorry you feel that way about yourself Buzz. May I suggest
therapy?

- -------
Hey, Jim, don't be a jerk. If you're really concerned about civility on this
list you wouldn't make such a wise ass comment to Buzz, who was only
expressing in his missive to Peter what many of us have been feeling but
have - foolishly - refrained from expressing. There comes a time on this or
any list when it's appropriate to suggest that someone either join the
vaguely polite portion of the human race or take his or her business
elsewhere...
- -----
>I find your approach to be obnoxious and I believe that your
>ignorance to be exceeded only by your ego.  I realize that this response
>will only feed your psychopathology but, I'm sorry, I just feel compelled
>make my opinion known.  Your tactic of provoking people and then saying
>"...oops, you didn't understand me," is infantile.

Listen folks, let's not litter the landscape of the LUG with this kind of
trash  that is copied to the group. If you want to get mean and nasty with
someone, fine, but do it offline.
- ----

So how do you explain your suggestion that Buzz seek a therapist?
- ------
There really IS a time and place for
everything, and this ain't the place.

Jim Bauman
- ---

Good work, Jim, you've managed to bring out my most obnoxious side, just the
way Peter managed to push Buzz's buttons...

B. D.