Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Leica stood the Porsche test
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:51:29 -0800

Hi Harrison,

It's not photo shop. I'm sure they jacked the car up and slowly lowered it
until there was some pressure on tire and camera, then took the picture.

Actually it's no big deal for any camera, the car is still on the jack and
the camera really isn't taking the complete pressure as in, "drive the car
on top of the R8 or Nikon or Canon or whatever, it'll look like a strong
well made camera!

It's something like standing on an SL or M body, it can be done and no
damage, as there is a big difference between just standing and jumping on.

I see this kind of mickey mouse promotion as nonsense! It doesn't prove
anything other than the editors of LFI aren't too bright at picking the
images to illustrate the best of a Leica!
ted

>>>One of the pictures is of a Porsche with one of its wheels standing ON
>>>TOP of an R8. This to prove that the camera is solidly built (one of the
>>>Italian Leica salespeople who was on the trip had bragged about this, so
>>>he had to prove his point).
>
>........photoshop?????
>

>Best regards,
> Harrison                          mailto:mcclary@iname.com