Subject: [Leica] Professional Photographers/Fun/ Harrison McClary
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:26:16 EST

Harrison:

You gave the answer that I was hoping that you would give.   In retrospect I
would consider myself as a prostitute by working for money instead of
pleasure.    I think I was good at what I did because I had my own personal
set of very hight standards to meet.    However, I never had much fun during
those thirty years and I would never recommend it to anyone.  I am looking
foward to seeing your work and I am sure it reflects your standards.  With
your positive attitude I am sure you are tough competition.   I would love to
meet you sometime.  If you are ever in the North Carolina/Virginia/South
Carolina area on a project please let me know.  I am sure that I could talk
Dan Post into joining me for trip to meet you.

Have fun, stay happy and healthy.   Don't lose all your faith in the R8!

Bob Bedwell

<<
 Lets  see.....The  thrill  of  looking at the film and seeing a killer
 image...yes  feels  great....immediately  lost if it never sees print.
 The  competition  with  others...yes  to  an  extent,  but  even  more
 important and a MUCH greater part of the fun is the camaraderie of the
 photographers.

 As a friend once described news/sports photography:

 "Its  just  a game. Hey we paid to take pictures...some days I get the
 best  shot and win, tomorrow you will take the best shot and win...but
 we are not working for a living...we are being paid to play."

 Every   day   I  thank God that I am still in the game and have gotten
 to have as many good "innings" as I have had in my career so far.

 All  in  all  what keeps me going is that it is just plain FUN

 Please  note  that nowhere did I mention money as a primary reward...I
 have  never  placed  that as the primary emphasis for my work....Yes I
 make  sure  I make enough to live on, however I put more importance on
 keeping my quality of work as high as I possibly can. I feel that if I
 do  that the money will come. If I was only interested in money I sure
 as  heck  would not have become a photographer. (no smiley here...said
 with out jest)