Subject: [Leica] Leica Anonymous 12 steps of exposure.....
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 19:25:59 -0500

>>> I am a professional, I deserve to be treated like a professional. But first
>>>  *I* must treat *myself* like a professional.
>>>
>>>  Bob Keene
>>>  Keene Vision Photography
>>>  "Creating Visions That Last A Lifetime"
>>>  (and what is a "Lifetime" worth....?)
>>
>>I knew this was a 12 step group the moment I set eyes on it. ;-)
>>
>>/Mitch

Yeah, well, I've been going to more twelve step groups than Stuart Smalley-

BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M A BAD PERSON!

I'm good, and people like me!

Now what do people do for their Leica addictions? Joining this list is like
me buying a bar! Jesus! I've already dropped some serious cash in the last
two months!
Please help me to help myself and STOP talking about how good everything
'Leica' is!

                                        Leica Anonymous 12 steps of
exposure.....

1) We admitted we were powerless over  Leica- that our lives had become
unmanagable.
2) Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to
sanity (would that be Ted or Walt or maybe....?)
3) Made a decision to turn our will  and lives over to the care of Barnack
as we understood him.
4) Made a searching a fearless inventory of our camera equipment.
5) Admitted to God, ourselves and to a camera dealer the exact nature of
our wrongs. (i.e. Buying the Noctilux.)
6) Were emtirely ready to have God remove all defects of optical glass.
7) Humbly asked him to remove our non-Leitz lenses.
8) Made a list of all persons we had harmed on the LUG list, and became
willing to make amends, even to Mark, Buzz and Jim.  :) grin   :)
9) Made direct amends to such people whenever possible, except when to do
so would mean injuring them or our cameras.
10) Continued to take personal inventory of equipment and when we were
wrong promptly sold the offending item on Friday.
11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our concious contact
with Leica *as we understand it*, praying only for the knowledge of MOOLY,
HFOOK and SOOMP and the power to educate others.
12) Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried
to carry this message to Canon and Nikon users, and to practice these
principles in all our affairs.

Remember what you hear here, not who you see here.

Bob K

recovering Canon user.