Subject: [Leica] Advice Needed...2nd M6 Body
From: sandyquandt@centuryinter.net
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 99 02:02:33 GMT

Hello!!

I've been driving myself *crazy* trying to make a decision, so I've decided to
solicit some assistance and advice from those more experienced than I... I'd
like to get another M6 body (that part of the decision was easy), but I don't
know whether to try to find a M6 HM, another Classic M6 or the TTL versions of
either one. I never use flash with the M6, but wondered whether the "new and
improved?" metering of the TTL versions makes it worth my while to try to get
used to a "reversed" shutter speed dial. I have a 35/1.4, a Noctilux, and a
75/1.4 and am wondering whether the HM would make focusing *noticeably* easier
for the two longer lenses? Since I'm a left eyed glasses wearing shooter, would
the HM be more difficult/ impossible to use with the 35? Needless to say, I
could go to my local camera store to try out the TTL versions, but they no
longer have the non-TTL cameras available for comparison. I like my M6 Classic;
however, if getting one of the HM versions as a second body will make a
difference in ease of use of the longer lenses, I'd like to avail myself of the
opportunity as long as I'm thinking about purchasing a second body. I've read
the archives, but I'm still undecided... Any advice?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Sandy