Subject: Re: [Leica] Definition of a Professional
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:41:43 -0600

At 01:30 PM 2/23/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I think I would have a better chance at being a brain surgeon than a
>professional photographer!

That very well may be true. It's not only enough to know the business, and
to know what to do technically, you have to have something else special to
be among the best professionals. I assume you don't want to be a "hack"
professional, right? Just like you wouldn't want to be a hack brain
surgeon. :-)

You list a lot of qualities that make a person a professional in the best
sense. From a basic standpoint, I guess a professional photographer is one
who derives at  least 50 percent of his/her income from shooting. But I
like to use the word to mean much more than that.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cooperation can only be reached if we work together.