Subject: [Leica] R8 Motor News?? Leica Test Day post
From: "GBicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:58:28 -0700

Hi LUG!

David Almy is right about the market constraints upon the R8 by the lack of
a serious motor.  The winder is no more than an electric thumb, and as some
have reported, slower than that under some circumstances.

However, I noticed in a post yesterday by an RPACSavenije, whose email
address implied he/she was using a Dutch ISP reported that he/she'd been to
Solms, and used a variety of wonderful Leica lenses on a day loaner program,
and had tried the NEW "motor winder" as well.  Well, there is no new winder
of which I'm aware, and it's easy to understand how the names might get
mixed....Could it have been testing for...a new motor DRIVE?  I responded
directly, but got a message undeliverable letter.  So I don't know if the
message was for real or not.  But if the message meant DRIVE, and the motor
drive's debut is imminent enough to be in this Solms loaner program, let me
be the very first to offer a used, but in good condition...

Winder for R8, priced before the new DRIVE crashes the prices for used
winders...Best offer!

#&@*&POOP@@#*#((!!!+=^*    Arrrgh, I can't stand it, how  much longer do we
have to wait?!?!!  Captain, I'm windin' as fast as I can!!

Yo quiero MOTOR DRIVE!  6 to 7 fps, while they're at it.

Enjoy the light!

Greg