Subject: Re: [Leica] Bounce Flash
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:29:28 -0800

csocolow wrote:

> M6 + 21-35mm lens (your choice) + Vivitar 283 + Sto-Fen Bounce diffuser
> direct or slightly angled: Prefocus at 3-5 feet at f8.0 Blam, thank you
> very much. Variation on above theme: Use remote sensor cord for flash
> and move flash for directional lighting. Additional variation: Adjust
> shutter speed  and/or auto output so flash is 1 stop less than ambient.
> Final variation: wrist strap on flash with remote sensor cord so flash
> is always close at hand for ease of access and aiming.
> --
> Carl Socolow

Carl I have done all of the above except the Sto-Fen!. I miss the 283 or
5 and those remote sensors. (Still have the sensors and the cords). Am
Big on prefocus at f16 everything in focus from 4 to 10 but aiming at 6
(recall). Off topic I am a fan of folding viewfinders for use of the
above when doing MF.
Mark the S.h.a.r.k.