Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Definition of a Professional
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:33:40 -0600

At 11:41 PM 2/24/99 -0800, you wrote:
>For example, you can specify a flawless performance of a piano concerto
>(pitch levels, durations and so on), but your specification will be
>neither here nor there when it comes to finding out if the performance
>actually moves anybody. That is purely a subjective judgement.

In fact, Jascha Heifitz, the famous violinist, was known for his meticulous
technique. He could play a concerto perfectly. (As close as humanely
possible). The problem, he didn't have the range of expression of some
other violinists who may not have had his accuracy, but they made up for it
in fire. Of course that is a subjective judgement of one amateur violinist.
(Me.)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

- -The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.