Subject: Re: [Leica] olympus vs leica
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:45:42 -0600

At 06:05 AM 2/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
>She says Leica and Zeiss still have the edge optically, but Olympus
>is getting to be a very strong contender.

Interesting. I photographed the niece of Aldus Huxley (Brave New World) who
is doing research in frog hearts for the University of Missouri-Columbia
medical school. When she noticed my Leicas she said "I will only use Leica
microscopes. It's hard to convince my budget committee to spend 5 times
over what some other doctors use, but when I use my microscope all day
long, the Leica makes the difference. It has a 3-dimensional quality the
others don't have."

I swear, I did not bring up the 3-dimensional thing! Her microscope does
have a binocular eyepiece. So 3-dimensional qualities would pay in eye
relief for long-time use, I'm sure.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

- -The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.