Subject: [Leica] M6 TTL RF misalignment
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:34:34 +0800

Pieter,

Thank you for your suggestions.  The Metz flash probably did put enough
pressure on the camera to mess up its RF.  I say this not because the
flash is that heavy, it is probably because the M6 top cover is not as
strong as it should be.  I have since fixed the RF misalignment.  What
did I do?  I used my thumb and pressed hard on the camera top cover and
put the RF back in alignment.

You are right that the 40 MZ-3 is clumsy and unbalanced, rather
front-heavy.  I also find its recycling rather slow.  It is a much
better flash for the R8 than for the M6.  I bought it because I have
many different camera systems and in the long run it is cheaper to buy
the Metz with many different SCA modules than buying different flash
units from various manufacturers.  Perhaps we are not supposed to use
flash with our Ms after all!

Joseph