Subject: Re: [Leica] olympus vs leica
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:58:40 -0700

While at a bankruptcy sale for a high tech firm, I encountered Wild-Leitz
and Leitz stereo microscopes, evidently set up to inspect objects as large
as computer expansion cards. Absolutely gorgeous views through those things;
clear, sharp, and really easy-on-the-eyes! I occasionally see main optical
assembly being sold through electronics surplus catalogs, as well as
complete, new units through Edmund Scientific, at about the $1400 range. A
10x microscope can be awesome as a super loupe, though for my less-critical
purposes, the $300 (Chinese?) 10x/20x units sold through Edmund work great,
at least at 10x.

Jeff