Subject: Re: [Leica] The perception of photographic quality
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:59:14 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Andre Jean Quintal <megamax@abacom.com>

[snip]
>"We" take it for granted that others value quality,
>but I'm 100% convinced it has to be *sold* at other
>levels first so that the worker / professional
>will not feel guilty [ ! ], allow oneself to enjoy [ ! ],
>invest available marginal discretionary income [ ! ],
>or work extra hard to eventually get at it [ ! ],

I'm convinced that most folks "can't afford" a Leica because they've
convinced themselves too well that they "need" all manner of other junk.
When you're frantically rushing about trying to pay for a load of crap that
you "can't live without", how can you stop and notice those decisive
moments? ;-)

My suggestion is not to work extra hard, but rather, to be more focused, and
telling yourself that having a good camera and the time to really develop
one's craft is important; more so than having call-waiting, call-forwarding,
or a new 4x4 with leather seats and air, to replace the one that broke
because no one had time to maintain it properly!

Jeff