Subject: [Leica] Re: Drying Marks
From: drodgers@nextlink.net
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 10:22:02 -0800

Ted

Thanks for sharing your dunk and drain approach. I've been having lots of
problems lately with scratched negs. I know it's due to carelessness at one
stage or another. It always seem to happen on the best neg on the roll. There's
nothing worse than having a neg just jump off the light table, only to find a
little scratch or spot on a closer examination. I hate retouching prints.

After a dip in photoflo I run the strip between two fingers. I learned this
years ago. The finger method is much better than a sponge or squeege, but  it
doesn't take much to scratch a neg. It's worse than it used to be. Either my
fingers have changed, or film emulsions are more fragile. Your dunk and drain
method sounds like a perfect solution. I can't wait to try it out.

Dave