Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideas for cap-keeping?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:10:39 -0800

Andrew Moore wrote:

>So far, I've been very lucky to have noticed all the times that my
>Leica lens caps and hood covers have fallen off.  Occasionally I've
>had to retrace my steps to recover the items.
>
>Since this sounds like a common problem,>>>>>

Hi Andrew,

When are you loosing them? Do you have them on the lenses while out
shooting and the camera hanging on your neck or shoulder?

The only time I've ever lost any is leaving them in the hotel room while on
assignment and forgetting to re-place them on the lens on departure. :)

I'm sure if you use this routine you'll not loose any...:)

1/
take lens out of camera bag, remove front and rear cap, throw in bag. Mount
lens on camera.  Don't replace caps until you are finished taking
pictures.:) Even if that is several days or you change to second or third
lenses.:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant