Subject: Re: [Leica] Ideas for cap-keeping?
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:29:35 -0300

At 01:43 PM 26/02/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Since this sounds like a common problem, I'd like to hear some of the
>ingenious (or not) ideas that LUGgers have come up with to keep this
>from happening.

        I still have every lens cap that ever came with a lens.
Here's how you do it.
1/ find a small box
2/ place label that says "LENS CAPS" on that box.
3/Put box in safe place.
  The bottom of an equipment cabinet or file cabinet is good.
4/ When you get a new lens cap, put it in the box and leave it there.

This will ensure that you will never loose your lens caps.
I still have lens caps for a Bronica SQA that was sold over seven years
ago...still haven't lost them.

Alternative view:

You will loose lens caps, so you might as well throw them away when you
purchase a lens and get over it early.

The searching for lost lens caps and the attempts to photograph with them on
the lens severely inhibits picture taking.

...all said in jest with just a hint of truth :^)

Greg Locke                           E-Mail: locke@picturedesk.org
St. John's, Newfoundland             http://www.straylight.ca/locke
PictureDesk International            http://www.picturedesk.org
Available at PressLink ONLINE        http://online.presslink.com