Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTLs...disappointment.
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 13:49:49 -0500

My DR Summicron is 1950's technology, and compares very favourably to any
modern Leica lens, certainly to mine.  I am sure the latest Summicron will
outperform it under controlled conditions, but there is no way you can say
it is VASTLY inferior to the latest lenses.  This is the sort of hyperbole
that probably drives people like Erwin over the edge.  Not me, of course; I
am in full control....  ;-)

Dan C.

[snip]