Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 TTLs...disappointment.
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 16:04:03 EST

<< I want my "durable goods" to be just that....
 FOREVER.... >>

Certain equipment may last forever, but the technology may make such advances
that the equipment is not desirable after a certain time frame.  For example,
a personal computer that lasts for 75 years has no attraction.  While it may
function after 75 years, new PC's will make it obsolete and unattractive after
a few years.

Other equipment may still be desirable after 75 years.  Not much equipment,
however, except for value as antiques.  I can't think of much in the way of
electronic equipment that has a desirable life span of 75 years.

Certainly, one would not want to be stuck in the past?

Tom Shea