Subject: Re: [Leica] MD-12
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:34:54 -0300

At 07:47 AM 01/03/99 -0600, you wrote:
>At 11:55 AM 3/1/99 +0100, you wrote:
>>Have used an MD-12 on an FM for some 15 years and it never failed once!
>
>I know a woman in town who can't keep an MD-12, any MD-12 she uses, working
>for more than a few days. Maybe she's just unlucky. She certainly isn't
>hard on equipment for a professional.
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

        MD-12's have always had a lot of problems... not to mention
destroying FM shutters. In my "early days" I used FM's (and FM2's) with
MD-12's and after 2 years gave up in disgust.

        They were a bad design from the beginning. Nikon got it right with
the F3/MD-4 combination so I don't know why it was so hard to make the
FM/MD-12 work

Greg Locke                           E-Mail: locke@picturedesk.org
St. John's, Newfoundland             http://www.straylight.ca/locke
PictureDesk International            http://www.picturedesk.org