Subject: [Leica] Re: finest Leica photographer
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:53:36 +0100

BD wrote:
> I have always held HCB in awe....but...I have recently been spending
> time
> staring at the pages of Henri Cartier Bresson: Photoportraits, <snip> the vast majority of the
> many many portraits in the book are really mundane.

For a portraitist, Francis Wolff gets my vote. Very specialized, but
stunning jazz portraits with Leica and Rollei cameras.

There was a show here at the end of last year which originated in
Paris of HCB's work, "The Europeans". A fine collection of street
shots, some of which indicated that he may have had trouble loading
his camera as well;°)

(I didn't sign on to this list knowing there would be a quiz - is Ted
grading?)

Regards,

Tim