Subject: [Leica] Last minute advice
From: "Timothy J. Kamke" <TJKamke@doralusa.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:02:29 -0500

I have been losing sleep over a possible (imminent?) Leica purchase; new
M6TTL and new 50 f/1.8.  I've been a long-time Nikon user and will continue
to be.  Just wanting to; 1) refresh my photography with a more thoughtful
system (meaning that I will be more thoughtful when making photos as opposed
to pointing and shooting with an F5), 2) have a camera with me at ALL TIMES,
and 3) enjoy the experience of using the Leica for what it is, and isn't.
   I have been reading the LUG for about two months and enjoy it.  Three
questions; Have any of you felt remorse over spending this kind of cash on a
Leica outfit (I'm looking at $3000 U.S.), and if so, why?  Will my proposed
set-up meet my 3 needs outlined above?  Should I buy it at B&H, Chatterton
or where?
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Tim Kamke