Subject: Re: [Leica] Portraits from the Great
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 14:23:38 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> I don't think so...I'm certainly more of an HCB fan than an Avedon fan, but
> Avedon's Rose Kennedy, Ike, and a few others I see as really reflecting the
> personality, where I just don't see that in many of the HCB
> portraits.....but, as I said, I do see it in the "street" portraits...

snip
I wonder how much HCB would charge for a portrait (assuming a parallel universe)?
Would he let you bring home the contact sheets and put little x's on the
ones you like and call his machine and phone in the ones all your
familys want.
How about wallets?
I heard you can get Avedon for about nine grand. But no contact sheets.
Did Karsh show you the proofs?
Mark Rabiner