Subject: Re: [Leica] website comments
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 21:09:06 -0500

Francesco,

I think that if you review your LUG files, then you'll find that few posted
URLs receive more than a half dozen comments--hardly 20 or 30.  I try to
look at most posted URLs, but I don't invariably comment on them, if for no
other reason than the one Henry Adams caught in his telling phrase: "next
to good humor, silence is best."

I've had some solid feedback--both positive and negative--on my photos from
Luggers--most often by people who are otherwise lurkers, but I wouldn't
expect that merely saying, "yo, dudes, check out my images" places any
especial burden or obligation on folks who'd rather vapor on about
political correctness or the liberal conspiracy to suppress truth in the
media.

BTW, I looked at your friend's photos.

CMB

At 03:17 PM 3/1/99 -0800, you wrote:

>So far, we have only received 3 comment emails, and one email from
>a LUGger that said "maybe no one wants to look at her photos since she
>took them with an N brand camera."  I thought that email was ridiculous
>and childish.  I thought photos were to be reviewed and appreciated
>regardless if they were shot with Leica or Nikon or a point and shoot!
>Is this the general feeling on the LUG......that ONLY Leica website photos
>should be commented on?  If anyone else posts a URL for review, there
>are literally 20-30 comments, but we have gotten only 3 and one nasty email.
>Or is everyone just too busy this week?
>
>Francesco

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary