Subject: Re: [Leica] In you heart...
From: Xavier Logean <xavier.logean@epfl.ch>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:04:07 +0100

Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:

> Actually I think the father of the Internet was a Swiss citizen.

Internet was invented by the US army.

Browsing the Internet using a Browser (which was a that time Mosaic, and now
Netscape or
Internet Explorer) and the HTTP  protocol (which works on  TCP/IP, the
"Internet Protocol")
was invented by a junior researcher at
the CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. The CERN is a big international laboratory to
study
physic of particles (they  have one of the biggest accelerator rings for
particles).
I think that guy was Swiss but I'm not sure.

Xavier.