Subject: [Leica] Freetstlye Sales
From: wvl <wvl@marinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 1999 12:52:54 -0700

> From: Mark Cohen <markc@necronomicon.net>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:  B&W Papers
>
> Id recommend that people not use Freestyle as a source for anything other
> then equipment. When I lived in LA I used to go there all the time and 9
> times out of 10 the paper/film/chemicals I purchased from there were mis
> treated and usually fogged. They tend to leave boxes of film/paper on the

I'm sorry Mark had bad experiences with FSC. I have been buying from
them since 1959 and never had a problem or complaint. I only buy
"perishables", film and paper, and usually look for their "Cold Stored"
bargains. In December I bought 200 rolls of Fuji Reala 100 in 220 size
for under two dollars per roll. It tested perfect when I bought it and I
still have some which is still fine. I hauled some of it around the
world under pretty harsh conditions of temperature and humidity. Also,
some of it was X-Rayed by carry-on security as many as twenty times. All
of it is just fine and I am printing it now.

I buy several 100 ft. rolls at a time of Konica Impressa 50 and Fuji
Provia 100 with no problems. In December I bought over $400 worth of
Fujicolor paper in various sizes and emulsions from FSC. Last month I
bought Ilford paper and Efke film. When I have visited the store in L.A.
they usually bring my purchases right out of the freezer. Once I bought
a 250 ft. X 11 inch roll of Oriental VC paper and at first thought there
was a problem with it. They offered to refund or replace, but, after
more testing I discovered it was fine.

I live in the SF Bay Area and buy chemistry at Looking Glass in
Berkeley. It is an excellent source when I need something quick, but,
prices do not compare with FSC or other mail order shops.

Bill Lawlor