Subject: Re: [Leica] oem lens generalizations
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:10:52 -0600

At 10:52 AM 3/2/99 -1000, you wrote:
>They once sold a Vivitar Series 1 90-180mm macro zoom (real
>macro, not the usual cheapie with semi-closeup capability commonly marketed
>as "macro zoom') that was one of the best macro lenses, and best zooms, of
>all time. Wish I had one.

That's the lens I was talking about. Had one on my Pentax LX that I traded
for my first Leica at Calgary Camera Exchange. It was a superb lens, but I
wouldn't say it's going to match the best of the best now. But it's sure up
to about any independent lens made today and beyond.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.