Subject: Re: [Leica] Color Film and my resurrected Leica addiction
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 23:27:30 EST

Hi Ernie,

Glad to hear you've got the Leica bug back again!  What you're seeing is very
typical with VPS film and I'm glad Kodak has finally discontinued it.  In my
lab, VPS is very susceptible to this color cast, especially if underexposed.
Kodak originally said this had something to do with the C-41 RA process.  Most
labs, pro and mini-lab alike are using the C-41 RA process.  The replacement
film from Kodak is Portra, but we haven't seen too much of it yet.
The red scale numbers on the meter are for low light, the black scale numbers
are for normal daylight.

Bill Rosauer