Subject: [Leica] Delta 3200
From: Gareth Jolly <gareth.jolly@minters.com.au>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 12:57:19 +1000

Just developed a couple of rolls and am interested in some feedback.

I shot the film at 3200 then developed in HC110 (dilution B) at 24 degrees
C for 10.5 minutes.  I agitated a bit more gently than I would normally but
around the same frequency - i.e 30 seconds initially, then 10 seconds
every minute.

My initial impressions are that the grain is a little bit finer, and with a
different quality, than TMAX 3200. The prints (just done on a Photo EX)
almost seem to have a slightly sooty quality to them.  I'm not sure
whether that's a good thing yet or not - I'll probably need to work with the
prints in a darkroom to get a feel for it.

The negatives had a reasonable range to them - there was no difficulty
with losing the highlights.

Next few rolls I develop in Xtol for comparison.

Anyone got any thoughts on all this?

Regards
Gareth Jolly