Subject: [Leica] Re: velvia and Taj Mahal
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 23:22:52 -0800

t 06:39 AM 3/3/99 +0100, Alan wrote:
>Peter,
>
>I do not agree with the statement that "Velvia does this to white making
>them green/grayish".

I also disagree. I have been using Velvia since its inception and have
never found it to be unfaithful. Especially toward green/grayish. I have
published four photo based books, and working on two more. Hundreds of
photographs, all Velvia. A year or so ago, Kodak sent me a bunch of
Kodachrome 64 and asked me to use it along side my regular film (Velvia). I
did. Velvia won. I sent samples of both back to Kodak. Kodak sent me a
brick of E200 for my trouble. I like E200 for my M6. I use the Velvia in my
R cameras.

Jim