Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG, Leica culture, lens testing and No BS
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:07:43 -0600

At 05:26 AM 3/3/99 -0800, you wrote:
>However, after two years of seeing what my wonderful 180 3.4 APO does with
>color correction, I'm extremely curious about the 70-180 and its handling of
>same.

The new 70-180 is better. Not that much, but it's there. But it has one
flaw. At focal lengths longer than 135mm when the sun is close to being in
the picture, it flares pretty severely. Never heard of that with the 180,
and I've never seen it.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

When there's a will, I want to be in it.