Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Seattle Film Works
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 01:22:43 -0500

Actually, the remjet coating was carbon based and was an anti-static coating
to keep those little lightning bolt like marks from appearing on the film
 You can see the phenomenon in old silent movies on Turner Classic Movies!).
The motion picture labs used a jet of water to prewash the film before the
developer. For some reason, I've never seen that kind of coating on B&W
movie stock, which I used in my hungry days when I could get it cheap (read
free here!)
Dan