Subject: [Leica] Help! re: Tom's Soft Release
From: drbledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:08:20 -0800 (PST)

Hello the LUG!

I am in need of some expert advise that I know is avilable via the LUG.

I bought a cople of Tom Abrahamsson's Soft Release accessories.  One
for my M6HM and one for my R3.  When I use them they seem to make the
shutter release stiffer or more difficult than without them in place.
Is this possible or is it just my imagination?

Is it possible that they allow one to exert some lateral pressure
(friction) on the shutter release shaft and possibly make the feel
stiffer than without?  I have tried to be very careful to press
straight down on the release but still the shutter feels more
difficult with the Soft Release in place than without.

Any experience or comment would be greatly appreciated.  This seems to
be the case with both my M6 and R3 but not when the Soft Release is
used on my M2.  Could the increase in pressure caused by the two stage
shutter release of the metered cameras have such a significant
influence?  Or is it possible the release shaft of the M2 is worn over
time to smooth out whereas both the M6HM and R3 are brand new cameras?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Don