Subject: [Leica] re: Help! re: Tom's Soft Release
From: "John Haugaard" <john@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 12:37:02 -0500

Don:

When I first used the Soft Release on my M6 I released the shutter by
pressing on the Soft Release using the tip of my finger, much like I would
release the shutter _without_ the Soft Release.

Then I found a message in the LUG archives from Tom A. describing his
prescribed method for using the Release, and since I’ve adopted his
technique I find the Release much more effective.

Use the second “segment” or perhaps the second joint of the index finger,
rather than the tip.  By doing so you can “squeeze” off a shot, much like
pulling a trigger on a rifle (Tom A’s analogy).  I rest the tip of my index
finger on the top plate of the camera, and can get a well-controlled squeeze
of the shutter release.  I don’t experience any binding or stiffness of the
release.

If you are not using this technique, give it a try.

John Haugaard
Decatur, Georgia