Subject: [Leica] Re: computer vs camera
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:56:36 EST

>>Here's a hypothetical question for all members of the LUG:
>>
>>Which item provides you with the most pleasure/satisfaction; your computer
>>or your Leica camera(s)?

no question -- cameras. Not just Leicas, either, and I have a Mac. Cameras are
mechanical things with heart and soul and you can see and hear how some
mechanical engineer solved problems and worked to make this or that better.
The Leica is a supurb example of that, but the Speed Graphic, or the
Rolleiflex or even the humble minox, all have their own tactile and sensual
appeal. I have more than 300 cameras in my collection -- 7 leicas, a dozen or
so rolleis, 4 speed graphics, about 25 stereo cameras (I am Northern Utah's
preeminent, not to mention damn near only, stereo photographer -- and the
attraction to them all is the same.

cTrentelman
Ogden, Utah