Subject: [Leica] Re: M6 scratching film
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 22:51:36 -0800

I personally doubt if your cameras are scratching film. The more film used,
the smoother everything gets. It's physics. And to have two cameras doing
it? Unlikely, IMHO. A piece of grit lodged somewhere maybe, but in two
cameras? Still highly unlikely.

I personally would suspect dirty film canisters. The light seal fuzzy
material can collect grit very easily. Where and how do you store your
film. Do you reload cartridges? Anyway... look at things other than the
camera itself.

I have, over the years, scratched film. It never ever was the camera.
Always an external reason.

Jim