Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 scratching film -Reply
From: COLBYG@ULV.EDU
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 08:54:14 -0800 (PST)

This is interesting. Lucien wrote...

> The two last time I used the new Ilford 3200,
> I found the end of the film leader inside the camera (1 cm).
> Tore away!

	What lead me finally to *do* something about the scratching was
evidence of it on Ilford's Delta 3200, which I was comparing to Kodak's P3200.
The D3200 was scratched, the P3200 was not (as near as I could tell without
scanning). Both films were exposed in the same camera body, only a day apart.
The Delta 3200 was exposed first. The camera was not cleaned immediately prior
to loading either roll. The film was processed by hand, by me, each time.

- -Gary
 colbyg@ulv.edu