Subject: Re: [Leica] lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 11:39:05 -0600

At 09:29 AM 3/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The resolution and contrast of older Leica lenses cannot
>even match the general 35 mm consumer fixed focal length lenses of today from
>Canon, Nikon etc.  Of course there are those who prefer the softer look of the
>older lenses.

Funny, I had some original (earliest) Leica SLR lenses (35 Elmarit for one
and the 180 Elmarit) and it was quite competitive with anything Nikon and
Canon had in the 80s. Not bad for being 20 years old. Leica's older lenses
are certainly not as good as the current crop. But they were very good. And
of course, Nikon and Canon keeps developing their stuff (and the others).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

What is a  free  gift ? Aren't all gifts free?