Subject: [Leica] Re: editing software: Photoshot tryout or GIMP
From: "Moore, Andrew" <moorea@andovercontrols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:47:49 -0500

In the past I've used the "tryout" version of Photoshop.  I think it had
a couple restrictions (you couldn't save an image, etc.).  It'll at
least let you get a feel for the software.  If you must save the work,
you can always cut and paste work into another application.

	http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/photoshop/main.html

I also suggest "GIMP", if you have access to a Unix and X-Windows
platform such as Linux.  GIMP is free software, and from what little
I've used of it so far, it seems to have most (if not all) of the
features that I used frequently under Photoshop.

	GIMP homepage: http://www.gimp.org

	Users FAQ: http://www.rru.com/~meo/gimp/faq-user.html

- --Andrew