Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica CL
From: Shawn London <srlondon@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:36:26 -0800 (PST)

Congratulations on your new purchase.  I picked up a CL last summer in
anticipation of a trip to London, as there were times I simply did not
want to be in "tourist" mode with camera around my neck, but still
wanted to be able to take some serious pictures if the opportunity
presented itself.

The CL is a great camera which can literally fit in a pocket with the
40mm Rokkor.  While not as sharp at large apertures as my 35mm
Summicron, for example, it does quite well.  I found that around the
f/4 range, it would be fairly hard to tell the results from my CL from
my M6 in terms of sharpness or contrast.  With black and white film
(Tmax 400 CN or Tri-X), I find this to be especially true.

One thing I will mention (which I'm sure you'll read when your manual
arrives) is that you have to keep the metering scheme of the CL in
mind to get good metering results.  Note that it has a smaller
coverage area than the M6's 13%, but is somewhat closer to a spot
meter in terms of its coverage of 7% of the frame.  I'm sure the CL
manual will give you some help in terms of proper metering use, etc.

Enjoy your new baby and good luck with it!