Subject: RE: [Leica] Viewfinders old & new
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:20:32 -0500

Erwin has convinced me the Leica has in many ways improved lens
quality, I don't see why they would cheapen the viewfinder. What's the
story?

- --Gib

- ----
This is an excellent question, and one to which I have yet to see a
particularly helpful answer. Why, for instance, is the M6 finder so prone to
flare-induced blockout and difficulty focusing, while the earlier finders
are not? Is it the flush window? That seems a bit too easy an answer, but
perhaps it is so. Or does it have something to do with the interior
arrangement of the finder? One thing I wonder is whether the M6 finder
windows admit more light than those on the earlier cameras, and what they do
in fact is admit too much light, causing the difficulty?

And...Has anyone found a solution to this problem that works without
eliminating frame lines in low light?

B. D.