Subject: [Leica] VIEWFINDER 32:1
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:10:53 -0500

I received my copy of VIEWFINDER 32:1 today, the journal of the Leica
Historical Society of America.  Wow!  This issue is phenomenally good, with
lots and lots of superlative articles, including a stunningly fine article
by our own, and highly esteemed Erwin Puts on the development of the
Summicron  lens.

Unfortunately, the issue is plagued with minor, but highly annoying, errors
of fact but that is an artifact of the editor, MG Roy Moss, who simply will
NOT have articles refereed, an unfortunate decision given his own
substantial lacunae of knowledge.  And there is the second part of a
frivolous and almost ridiculous article on sharpness by Dick Gilcreast, who
really does know better and who should be ashamed.

Despite these drawbacks, the issue is most enjoyable, and those on this
list who are not LHSA members are missing a real treat.  JOIN!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!