Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 Asph vs 50/1 Noct
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 07:01:44 +0100

Chris,

> Does this seem to indicate that the Noct is already so good that Leica
> is unlikely to ever replace this design with perhaps some new Noct Asph?

At last year's Photokina, there was a special meeting for a group of LUGgers
with Leica management. As far as I recall, the Leica people said that there
are no plans to update the Noctilux.

It is a very good lens. As I have never had the 1.4/35mm, I cannot compare
the two, but I find it highly unlikely that the Noctilux would beat any
other modern Leica lens at 1.4 and smaller apertures. That is not what one
buys it for.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman