Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder + Super-wide lens
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 23:15:19 +0100

Mary,

In my opinion you need it unless you are unconcerned about framing and
what the edges of your picture looks like. If you have extremely
flexible eyeballs, I supposed you can approximate the coverage of the
24mm by looking around the built-in viewfinder, but I cannot imagine
doing it. The other advantage of the 24mm finder is that it actually
covers the 21mm focal length if you ignore the framelines. So if you
later decide to get the 21mm you will not need to buy a new finder.

Nathan

Stan and Mary Kephart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interest in hearing more opinions as to whether the 24mm/2.8 M
> aspheric can be used without the separate rangefinder.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> MK

- --
Nathan Wajsman