Subject: [Leica] Rangefinder + Super-wide lens
From: apbc <apbc@public1.sta.net.cn>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 99 11:50:22 +0800

Jem Kime wrote,

>I have a late all-black M3 version of the 'old' 35 Summilux with
>goggles. I bought it because I like the fact I can focus to 26" but >I
dislike the wide view I get in the M6 finder! It makes the 35mm
>view very small.

I too had such a lens and wondered why it focussed closer than any
earlier or subsequent 35 summilux, especially since most M3s don't focus
closer than 1m. I also found it to be of significantly better quality,
esp at wide apertures, than the goggleless examples of 35 summiluxes I
encountered. It looked really cool too - pity I sold mine (complete with
non-matching but very valuable, I learnt since, OLLUX shade) since I have
now a black M3 it would go with nicely!

Bests

Adrian

Adrian Bradshaw