Subject: Re: [Leica] Roy Moss
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 11:44:27 -0500

At 01:52 AM 1999-03-20 -0600, Fred Zimmerman wrote:
>    I find it unlikely that Roy Moss has written that he "isn't concerned
>over factual accuracy." Could we have an exact quote from him about
>that--in the interests of accuracy?

He didn't write it, he told it to me on the telephone, on several
occasions, during 1994 and '95.  The precise wording was that he would rely
on the expertise of the authors and did not feel it was his place as editor
to challenge this, even when he suspected it was inaccurate.  The only time
he turns to others is when a question is posed to which he doesn't know the
answer.

There was an effort made late in Roy's last tenure as Editor to correct
this by establishing a set of "Contributing Editors", and Roy did involve
them, for a while, but this now seems to have dropped by the wayside.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!