Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Adams, Weston, and... Welch?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 11:33:32 -0600 (CST)

Or Saturday in the stockyards with Patsy Cline.....:)

BTW, if your photos don't have (imply?) social or political
overtones, approved by the "art" crowd, they're certain
to be dismissed by the critics of the 90s.....

Be sure to get a "disenfranchised" person or persons, preferably
of ambiguious gender/ethnicity, in front of those
big rocks/trees! :) :)....relate their pain to the viewer
through a verbose and unintelligible 'statement' at the entrance
to the gallery, next to the vegetarian food and alcohol-free
beverages (don't want to 'tempt' the A.A. folks, ya know...)

Some 'suffering artist' folk music might help out, too....

Photos of simple beauty may offend those who ain't got no
beauty to look at, ya know, man?  (only the rich have beauty,
and they ain't gonna let us look at their shit, ya know.....)

If there's anyone out there who takes this post seriously and
is offended, then you're stupider than I thought.....don't
prove it by responding.... :) :) :)

Walt

On Sun,
21 Mar