Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Adams, Weston, and... Welch?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:01:14 +0100

Bruce,

You might add quite a few American photographers OF HIS GENERATION as well.
The issues here are related to time. Those were times where using
photography as a media for interprtations about landscapes could really be
interpreted as a 'clinical' waste of time and talent. Looking back at this
with 21st century eyes changes perspectives of course. Nothing to do with
not having experienced cooking trout under 300 ft high trees. The same
issues divided creators in litterature, painting and cinema. Those were the
issues of the time. HCB and ALL the other social photographers decided to
use photography as a tool contributing to the influence theongoing
development of those issues. This is what the Leicas were best at helping
realize. At the time.

Alan