Subject: Re: [Leica] 85mm/ 1.5
From: "Michiel Fokkema" <pb100719@pop3.gironet.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 19:53:00 +0000

Hello ,

I just bought a chrome one for $80,- I use it on a tm42 mamiya for
portraits only. It makes very nice soft portraits at full aperture.
The plane of focus is sharp enough and also the contrast is not bad
at all. The curvature od field seems to be quit sever, but for
portraits that is no problem.

> Hello Leica users .
> Does anyone know about a lens with thread mount made by USSR in the past .
> This lens is an 85 mm aperture 1.5.
> The brand is : Helios.   Its a quite heavy thing , with a black metal body. It
> has a mount for installation on a pedestal.
> What I would like to know is an appreciation of the price ; A good friend is
> ready to sell it to me but we want to be honest about the trade value .
> Thanks .  Jo Goodtimes .

               Greetings,

                              Michiel.